The aim of our schools is to provide a learning environment where every student can achieve their potential.
Our students will achieve personal success in their learning and become responsible and productive citizens. Every student can look forward to a bright future.
Our mission is to provide a high-quality, comprehensive, and meaningful education for all students. Each student is expected to succeed within the bounds of their abilities, and chosen educational goals.
We believe that we can assist each student to reach their fullest potential. Students will develop their individual talents, critical thinking, and technology skills by being actively engaged in the learning process. Continuous commitment to improvement ensures that our students are well-rounded, self-directed, lifelong students.
Brand: Academy Private School
Academy Private School Zevenwacht is an independent, co-educational, English medium, non-denominational school catering for Grade RR to Grade 12 students. The school was established in January, 2011 and is situated at Klein Zevenwacht Wine and Equestrian Estate which is located on the beautiful Zevenwacht Wine Estate, Kuils River. The tranquil location and academic facilities provide an ideal environment which is conducive to optimal learning and the development of the “whole” child.
We are a technology-driven private school with a strong academic focus and advocate small classes to facilitate individualized attention.
What sets our school apart:
- We guarantee a maximum of 20 students per class.
- Our small classes and family-like school community facilitates individualized attention with a strong focus on academics.
- Being a small school, we are able to discover and nurture the strengths and talents of each one of our students.
- Discipline, respect and a culture of positive behaviour receives high priority.
- Our teachers are well-qualified, enthusiastic and passionate educators. Our teachers are also subject specialists.
- FREE Academic Support: Subject Extra Lessons – We offer an academic support programme where FREE subject extra lessons (for specific subjects) are offered by our teachers.
- Additional School Reports: 2 reports issued per term as part of our student academic support programme where necessary.
- Innovative education programme: STEAME (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics and Entrepreneurship).
- We aim to develop 21st century skills such as Communication, Collaboration, Creativity and Critical Thinking (the 4 C’s) thus include digital technologies in our curriculum thereby encouraging our teachers to embed strategies, activities and projects into the school programmes. We include Coding and Computer Skills classes in our curriculum.
- Sports and Culture are of cardinal importance at our school. Our weekly programme includes sports and cultural activities which are practiced by all our students during the school day as well as after school in the afternoons.
- Our high school choice subjects offered are relevant to future-focused career paths e.g. Design and Technology, Computer Science, etc.